HydroBuddy (v1.40) this piece of software was coded from the ground up using the Lazarus open source programming suite and implemented using appropriate database solutions as well as a powerful linear equation solving algorithms from AlgLib. HydroBuddy is also open source from this release, so you can download the source within one of the links below.
The program is available for Windows, Linux (compiled under Ubuntu) and intel-based MacOS-X. In order to run HydroBuddy simply download and run the installation program.
If you are new to HydroBuddy, this is a totally free and opensource nutrient calculator for hydroponics and general agriculture built by me – Daniel Fernandez – based on my experience in hydroponics as a professional chemist. These are some of HydroBuddy’s features :
- Calculates the weights of specific substances needed to arrive at specified concentrations of different elements (formulation to salt weights calculation)
- Calculations in ppm, mmol/L, mol/L and meq/L.
- Calculate liquid additions in mL and add any custom substances as liquids
- Edit the percentage elemental composition of each substance or add new ones to fit your needs
- Powerful open source linear equation solver provided by AlgLib
- Always tries to find the best mathematical fit to a formulation by a given group of substances
- Allows to get the concentration values for the addition of a certain specified amount of substances (salt weights to formulation calculation)
- Easy-to-use interface for the addition, edition and assignation of substances to calculations
- Data logging module to help you track the EC and pH of your crop
- EC prediction module based on an empirical mathematical modification of a calculation based on limiting molar conductivities
- Use the resulting weights of a formulation calculation to perform a calculation of the opposite nature and vice versa (easily allows you to see the effect of manual modifications)
- Calculations for both direct additions and A+B concentrated solutions
- Use any custom substance as a part of an A+B concentrated solution calculation
- “Copy Commercial Nutrient” module which allows you to copy the ppm results of a commercial nutrient formulation
- Water quality module allows you to include water quality analysis within the calculations
- Adequate implementations of instrumental and gross errors with custom instrument precision input
- Proper database implementation allows you to easily save your custom formulations
- Set default water quality and data log data sets that load automatically on program startup
- Program automatically updates on startup :o)
- Save and load formulations using any concentration unit.
- Choose between grams or ounces
- Choose between liters, gallons and cubic meters for volume inputs
- Ability export data log or calculation results to a CSV file
Tutorial tabs showing and explaining the main features of the program !
Designed by Daniel Fernandez, a graduated chemist with a strong interest in plants and hydroponic crops
If you like the program and you would like to support the designers work please make a small donation on the software official website here
This will help improve any future development of the hydroponic software.
Download and Read more by going to the official website Download this free software here